This is Luke DeBoer, Founder/CEO of SetHero. I wish to share with you about a few updates to SetHero’s pricing structure in 2022.
But first (and most importantly) I want you to know how much we appreciate you as a current member of the SetHero community! I want to highlight upfront: users who currently have active subscriptions do not need to take any action. Your current pricing plan and rate will remain unchanged until August 1st, 2022.
We’ve made a number of updates and improvements to the way we structure our pricing. Here is a summary of the highlights:
- SMS texting is now included free in all plans! (Users will no longer need to buy a separate add-on for this!)
- Custom branding is also included for free on single project pricing, and also included in most monthly subscription plans.
- For single projects, we now have two separate pricing rates: one for short-form projects (<12 shooting days) and one for long-form content (12+ shooting days).
- We are introducing a “pay-as-you-shoot” option for long-form projects, allowing the option to pay as a weekly subscription during shooting rather than paying in one up-front sum.
- We now offer more subscription pricing tiers that serve a broader range of customers.
- We’ve added a quarterly billing interval option to our subscription plans (in addition to monthly and yearly options). Switching to quarterly billing gives you a 10% discount over month-to-month plans.
- We’ve redesigned our pricing page to make it more accessible and easier to calculate your pricing.
You do not need to take any immediate actions. These updates will roll out to new SetHero customers. If you are an existing customer, you will remain on your current pricing plan for now unless you choose to switch early.
At anytime, if you wish, you can switch to the new pricing model by visiting the billing tab of your company and then clicking “Upgrade to V2 Pricing“.
Some users who have never had a paid subscription with us will be automatically switched to the new pricing structure on March 1st, 2022.
For all other users, if you have not switched your plan by June 1st, 2022, we will reach out to you then to help you figure out the best plan moving forward.
Any users who have not switched by August 1st, 2022 will be contacted with options for next steps. If we’re unable to get ahold of you, we will automatically transfer you to the cheapest plan that corresponds with your current plan tier.
The short answer is: it depends. For some customers, this change will have little to no effect on the amount you pay. Other users will find they are a better fit for a different plan and will want to upgrade or downgrade accordingly.
There are several reasons for these improvements:
- To reduce confusion and increase transparency by streamlining the pricing options.
- To position our pricing to work better across the broad number of clients we serve. Our customers range from small short films, medium-sized production companies, and large budget feature films.
- We plan to be shipping more exciting product updates in 2022 and this update is an important part of getting ready for that!
Again, thank you for being part of this community. If you have any questions about these changes, I invite you to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m looking forward to the new ways we can serve you in 2022 and beyond.
All the best to you,
CEO / Founder